Cup Character Designs

Character Design

I have done some designs base around a cup that have arms, legs and a face, from the beginning some designs looked very plain and simply and once I began developing more and adding features making them stand out more with changing the shape of the cup, their poses, facial features, clothing and expressions helping to improve my drawing and design skills

These are some of the early portion of designing the cups and look very basic and static where their poses are not very expressive same with there faces as well where majority of them would fall under the category of bland character designs.
     




The other designs are slowly moving away from being boring characters and start having a small amount of emotion and having a bit of characteristics of what type of a person they are, if they're very unpleasant and aggressive or act a bit formal with a very high pride professional stance. I began thinking through other variation of people who live out their days, dress up, go to work and think about how would they act and how would they pose and think about what size, shape and different types of cups that people would use to drink their tea and personify them as that cup. 


Now I've started taking those process of creating a character that I've began to slow down with ideas but also taking to much time drawing the other designs, focusing too much on adding other bit of detail with the wrickles on their clothing and erasing and redoing the drawing again. Where managing my time is importane and that I should have aim towards finish the sketches and less about erasing mistakes. 

After doing the designs it has helped me identify the errors and expansive amount I could create and have within my narrative having one of them being the main cast or as background characters that would stand on the side and would live within the world they are a part of. Giving me the options and tools of constructing the world and form a story around those types of set pieces.   

After Steve has viewed my designs he suggested that I should try drawing a real cup without any of the legs or arms and try to draw it from many different angles, saying some of the designs look a bit stiff and they all follow the same format and stance.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lip Sync

Cass Study - Overlap Festival

Cass study - Hilda