Walk Cycles

Walk Cycle

The walk cycle was the next step as I started trying to make my animation to have a sense of character to them by taking a few references, even though I am animating a generic walk not all of them are the same focusing on the weight, speed and arc of the characters walk. 

Walk Reference 1


Walk cycle of a Solider

The first walk was suppose to reference the previous video (Walk Reference 1) instead it became more like a solider, with it the legs moving slightly higher than regularly and it arms moving more closely to the chest. 

 Video Reference of myself 

Walk cycle of a joyful person

This walk cycle take much emphasis from the video above (Video Reference of myself) and has successfully resemble the reference capturing the joy of the walk, with it lay back expression from the legs acting more normally and it arms moving freely. 

 Walk cycle of a prideful person    

The walk was suppose to be a fat man having a sense of weight to the walk instead has the character walking with pride, which in turn came out more sufficient than I suspected making it more interesting with how I have unintentionally  did it in a completely different way.

Walk cycle of a sad person

 The final human walk has captured the feeling of sadness, with the character back leaning down with it arms dangling and moving at a slow pace while looking down, making it seem as if the character has had a bad and has given up on everything and is left with no hope at all or a glimpse of happiness.

 Video Dog Reference

For this dog walk cycle I wanted to challenge myself by having to animate an animal with four legs taking the references from the video above (Video Dog Reference, it was quite complex having to analysis it legs and when it would make contact to the surface. Though the animation was almost close to replicating with the reference and it was intriguing to producing something different for a change, also I wanted to animate an animal or creature from my own design and for my final film and possible for any future projects.

All the walk cycles have come out very successful and I have enjoyed the experience of animating characters with a sense of personality and I will carry on with this preocess and design some characters that will be suited to one or any other type of walk.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lip Sync

Cass Study - Overlap Festival

Cass study - Hilda